Thursday, June 30, 2016

I'm SO HERE FOR THIS | A Court of Mist and Fury Review

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Published: May 3, 2016
Pages: 640
Goodreads!

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.




HOLY SHMOLY GUACAMOLE

I've been keeping this on my TBR looming over me and I finally cracked and got it from Target. Well actually, my mom got it for me but semantics. I had meant to keep it for my flight to Taiwan, but guess what? I couldn't help myself and ended up reading it WELL before my flight and the payoff was so great I don't even regret it. 

First of all let me just get this out there, the Night Court are all precious children and should be protected at all costs. They are great. I need more of them like right now. 

Now then. 

The amount of character development in Feyre is colossal in this novel. It starts with her after all that happens in ACOTAR, actually we're three months past and we are witness to what such trauma and trials have affected her and Tamlin. It's honestly an incredible journey for her and at the end I was like, "Yes. You go Feyre. YES." 

A huge part of this journey is the abuse she takes and I'm not going to go widely into it because it's really spoilery, but I'm glad that Maas has brought this topic out in the open so... unforgivingly. There's the way she wrote it that just makes you want to pull Feyre out of this and it brings you to Rhy's side in the end. I know there was some debate over Tamlin and Rhys, but after everything I'd rather take Rhys to be quiet honest. 

Chapter 55. 

That's all I'm going to say about that. If you've read it, you know. If you haven't, read it and you'll know. It's great. A+

The ending is such a build up and it's killing me. This is why I wait for all books to come out so I can binge read, but in this case I'm going to have to WAIT. I'm upset because I need to know how this ends. I need to know what happens and GAH.

Either way, this was a great sequel to ACOTAR. It has a completely different tone to it and it takes this story into a completely new direction I didn't see. I can't wait to read more of this. I honestly like this series more than I do the ToG series. Maas just has a great way of creating a world, dynamic characters, and just bringing you on in this crazy journey. While your heart might bleed, you keep coming back for more. 

This review is short because I'm trying not to screech about spoiler parts of this novel but this novel is essentially a spoiler so I'm giving you the basics. If you're into it, just go and read it. Like right now.